[Podcast #34] How to Best Leverage Social Media for Lead Generation
Listen to today’s episode of Pixels & Ink to hear an expert, Brian Peters, Marketing & Social Media Manager over at Buffer, share his insight on how to best leverage Social Media for Lead Generation. Brian is an experienced content, digital, and social media marketing professional that combines his passion and expertise to deliver quantifiable results that drive engagement.
Today’s topic is especially fascinating because traditionally, social media has been regarded as a platform for purely social interactions and connections. Yet, as marketers, we find that it has quickly become a space that’s increasingly relevant for accomplishing business goals. It first started as a place for consumers to “like” their favorite companies and brands, for businesses to post about coupons or specials, and for people to “check in” to show others the cool places at which they hang out.
But, now, it’s a whole new ballpark.
Marketers and businesses are rapidly adopting social media channels as integral parts of the marketing mix, beyond just exposure and brand awareness. It is now a place where companies, both B2B and B2C, go to generate qualified leads and sales. Companies are using social media to offer valuable pieces of content, to remarket to those who have bounced from their site or maybe those who haven’t completed a purchase, a form or a survey. They’re using it for building lists of good prospective customers for them; for creating user groups so people can collaborate and, even now, as a quick and direct way for consumers to receive support on a product or service.
An interesting thing you’ll hear Brian discuss in this episode is his thoughts about a very intriguing statistic: 50% of businesses active on social media can’t tie their social media activities to ROI, but studies have shown over and over again just how important social media is to a buyers’ purchasing decisions. From this statistic, he evokes a point, which I think every marketer and business needs to think about and that is to understand why you’re on social media, and then use it in a way that supports that goal.
For example, if you are on social media for branding, your activity and engagement on the various channels would support that. Yet, if you want to tap into the 2.3 billion people who are active on social media to generate leads and sales, then leverage the tool available for you to do so.
Do not miss a chance to learn the three upcoming, biggest opportunities in social media for lead generation, as well as his answer to the question that everyone is dying to know the answer to – “when the absolute best time is to post on social media in order to get the best engagement?”
Tune in by clicking above, and let us know what you think!
Want to get in touch with Brian or Buffer?
Head over to their website, and make sure to go follow Brian on Twitter!
And! The folks over at Buffer have a podcast of their own called The Science of Social Media, which is a podcast for marketers and social media managers looking for inspiration, ideas, and results for their social media strategies. Think Pixels & Ink, but all about social media.
If social media for lead generation is intriguing to you and you want to learn more, we have more content for you:
- Go back and listen to our previous Episodes – we did an entire series on using Facebook
- We offer a Facebook online video series which is an instructional course taught by Dave Rosendahl and me all about how to use Facebook Advertising. If you are interested in signing up or getting more information about the content, we can happily answer your questions and send you over the syllabus. Please feel free to fill out this contact form, or if you want an immediate response, you can text us at 949-842-4388.
- If you’re a reader, head over and download our guide on 3 Ways to Connect Direct Mail With Facebook to Increase Leads.
Now I want to call on you, the reader and listener. I have some questions and am curious to know your thoughts, so comment below with your answers:
- Have you used social media for lead generation?
- Are you in B2B or B2C?
- What channels are you finding are the best for using social media in your marketing?
- What questions do you still have about using social media
Knowledge is out there, and we want to share it with you.
We hope you enjoy the session and look forward to talking to you soon!
I believe that our challenges present our biggest opportunities, that being positive and leading with a smile is the best way to live, and my goal is to constantly be learning and growing every moment of every day!
Latest posts by Mackenzi Farsheed (see all)
- [Podcast #35] Cut Through the Clutter with Push Notifications – April 17, 2017
- [Podcast #34] How to Best Leverage Social Media for Lead Generation – March 24, 2017
- From Sucking to Shining – How We Double Our ROI in 90 days! – March 21, 2017