January Economic Update: The 2017 Economy, Print and the Emerging Third Media Wave
Judging by the web traffic to last month’s updates on print, the economy, and changing political landscape (see “2017 US Economy Outlook and Commercial Printing Forecast” and “Make Print Great Again!“), it seems many of you are hungry for data and insights to help you sell more.
In that spirit, we’ll continue bringing you curated stories and information help you make better business decisions. Check back often or subscribe to our blog to receive the latest updates.
Today’s update is the latest on how the economy and new Trump Administration may impact the print landscape, brought to you by our friends at WhatTheyThink.
If you’re in the print business, set aside 30 minutes to watch because Dr. Joe Webb covers many useful points, including:
- How there is seemingly unbridled optimism from small businesses because of Trump, but why it is too early to tell where this will take us. You may be surprised to learn that confidence has not been this high for over a decade! How long will it last? How can you take advantage of it?
- Why the role of printed goods continues to change, and how we may be reaching a pivot point in how marketers select the media they want to use to reach their customers — leading Dr. Joe to surmise we are headed into what he calls “The Third Wave.”
- How across all printers, the average profit margin is 2.7%, but how profit leaders (the top 25%) are 3.5x the average! Everyone else clocks in at a dismal .4% average. What can you do to get into the top 25%?
- Why the traditional print sales rep is dead. Dr. Joe argues that for many printers, they simply do not have a young enough sales force. He argues that most print companies have a sales team that are at least 1 or 2 generations apart from the people making media buying decisions. Learn why this is important and what you can do to overcome this challenge.
Ready? Click below to start the webinar. It’s well worth your time.
Free Webinar for Printers & Marketing Services Companies
More service providers are learning to sell marketing “products” to their Clients that combine both print and non-print media.
Join MindFire Co-Founder Dave Rosendahl and a panel of experts to learn how you can do the same using “Marketing Playbooks” (pre-created templates) … without needing to hire or train new people.
After you watch Dr. Joe Webb’s presentation, let’s talk about it in the comments.
Where do you disagree? What do you see in your business?
Latest posts by David Rosendahl (see all)
- RARE 1997 VIDEO THAT EXPLAINS THE MARKETING GENIUS OF STEVE JOBS – September 7, 2018
- The Secrets of Printers Who Profitably Sell Marketing Services – July 15, 2018
- MindFire and GDPR – May 9, 2018