[Podcast #18] How 3D Printing Will Radically Change The World
Before this interview, Dave Rosendahl and I had no idea just how much of an impact 3D Printing will have on the world.
As often happens with new trends, I find that I often tend to view things like 3D Printing as “futuristic”: something that won’t impact me directly.
Maybe you’re like me and have had similar thoughts.
But Dave Gurrola, Strategic Business Development Manager at Stratasys, blew our minds with the technology’s relevance to our daily lives.
3D Printing is here. It’s now. It’s all around us; you just may not realize it.
In fact, Gartner projects that the market will grow from $1.6B in 2015 to $13.4B in 2018 (globally).
3D Printing: What Is It?
If you’re not familiar with the terms, it’s going to seem crazy at first: 3D Printing is the process of making (or “printing) a three-dimensional solid object.
The 3D printed object is achieved by laying down successive layers of material until the entire object is created. At the end of this post, we’ve included a video showing the process.
Used to produce original items, prototypes, and mockups of products, the industry has exploded over the past few years.
Whether you are a service provider or a corporate marketer, you must listen to this interview; I challenge you to find a market where this isn’t at least one giant opportunity for 3D Printing to make an impact.
What You’ll Learn About 3D Printing
In the episode, Dave Gurrola (who is a 3D Printing expert) shares his insights into all areas of the technology, from equipment (and how the process works), to the science of producing 3D Printed materials — and, the business opportunities the technology provides you.
- how Dave started a 3D Printing service bureau, and quickly scaled it to millions in revenue (bobbleheads are an important part of this story … check it out!)
- about some of the hot industries embracing 3D printing, like aerospace, dental, healthcare, automotive, and retail
- how these industries use 3D printing to create a variety of items, including: dental crowns, packaging such as perfume bottles, promotional products, food displays at restaurants, aircraft, spacecraft parts — and wait for it … BODYPARTS!
- what it takes to use a 3D Printer (people, skills, software), which is especially important if you’re considering offering it as a service
- how companies like 4Over are using 3D printing to augment their marketing services
- how some large format printing jobs are transitioning to 3D printing (and the use case you can immediately apply)
We hope you are just as excited by this interview as we are and we cannot wait to hear your feedback in our comment section below!
Resources Mentioned in the Show
Emart, the Seoul based retailer, uses 3D QR codes and the sun to deliver discounts only during its quiet times.
Check out an example of a time-lapse 3D printing video below:
Ready to Learn More about 3D Print?
Make sure to click the link below to check out Stratasys’s eBook, “3D Printing: Now and Beyond” (written by expert Hod Lipson), where you’ll go deeper into the history of the technology, learn more about how it is disrupting manufacturing and design, and learn how Airbus and others are using it to transform their business.
Let’s Talk…We Want To Hear From You!
What do you think? Can you think of any 3D Printing applications that would apply to your company?
Prior to listening to this episode, had you heard of 3D printing — or considered how you might be able to use it in your business?
Make sure to start the conversation on our blog comment section below!
Remember to subscribe on Itunes or Stitcher!
I believe that our challenges present our biggest opportunities, that being positive and leading with a smile is the best way to live, and my goal is to constantly be learning and growing every moment of every day!
Latest posts by Mackenzi Farsheed (see all)
- Protected: Last Call for 2018 Prices! (don’t have the password? call 949-390-9750) – December 18, 2018
- [Podcast #41] How to Ethically Steal Content That Has Already Been Proven to Work – November 20, 2018
- [Podcast #42] How to Use Other People’s Content to Create More Leads for Yourself – November 7, 2018