How To Get Unlimited Email Aliases: Gmail Productivity Hack
Here’s a productivity tip I just picked up from Amir, one of our marketing automation engineers: say you’re in a situation where you need unlimited email aliases (for QA-ing your apps, or testing various marketing automation personas, etc.).
You could indeed create a bunch of free email addresses, but it can be a pain in the butt to monitor a bazillion email accounts — not to mention the time it takes to create each account.
Getting Yourself Unlimited Email Aliases
Here’s how you can create an unlimited number of email aliases, using only one Gmail account:
- Grab yourself a Gmail account (say, billgates@ )
- Anything like billgates+whatever_you_make_up@ will route to your billgates@ email address
Google is smart enough (go figure!) to resolve anything formatted in this way to your address. Using this method, you can create virtually an unlimited number of aliases.
This method is particularly useful if you’re testing a series of marketing automation workflows, where you’re creating a series of test Contacts that each manifests a different behavior. By using this method, it is pretty easy to test these scenarios with a different email address while minimizing the amount of work you have to do.
Kind of cool, huh?
Latest posts by David Rosendahl (see all)
- RARE 1997 VIDEO THAT EXPLAINS THE MARKETING GENIUS OF STEVE JOBS – September 7, 2018
- The Secrets of Printers Who Profitably Sell Marketing Services – July 15, 2018
- MindFire and GDPR – May 9, 2018