[Podcast #22] 15 Tools That Will Make You A Marketing Ninja
Marketing covers such a wide array of topics and as marketers, we typically have our hands in so many different tasks on a daily basis. We’re thinking about branding and lead generation, outbound campaigns and content, images and trade shows, and the list goes on.
Not to mention, each of these tasks often requires the knowledge of completely different skillsets. Is it fair to expect one person to be a programmer, a graphic designer, a copywriter, an event planner, and a data analyst?! In an ideal world, of course, an organization would have different people to do each of these tasks, but sometimes that’s not the way the cookie crumbles. Here at MindFire we certainly all wear many hats and this is where the importance of relying on the many available tools comes in handy. These tools, which we share in this week’s Episode below, Dave says, allow you to supercharge yourself!
With the foundational knowledge you’ve gained about PURLs from previous episodes, you can now start to implement them with the help of the tools we highlight in this Episode. We rely heavily on these here at MindFire to increase our productivity and make our lives a heck of a lot easier! By the way, we are not sponsored by or affiliated with any of these resources and are absolutely open to hearing any and all other tools you use that you find helpful — please share them in the comments section!
Below you’ll find a brief description of each of the tools we discuss in the Podcast Episode above! Make sure to tune in to hear how Dave and I (and others on our team) use these resources and how they make our lives so much easier.
These tools will absolutely make you a marketing ninja so listen in and share to spread the marketing love!
We’ve broken down the tools into three categories based on the type of work:
1. Tools for creating content (includes words & images)
2. Tools for managing, enriching, and massaging your data — so that your communication is much more personalized and relevant
3. Tools for monitoring activity and improving it as quickly as possible
Alright, so let’s dive into each of these categories…links and images are included so you can make sure to check ‘em out!
Tools for Creating Content
3. HTML Editey – A user friendly tool to create, edit, and instantly preview HTML files right within Google Drive.
4. Beacon – With Beacon, you can convert Blog Posts into professional looking Ebooks…for free!
Tools for Managing, Enriching, and Massaging your Data
1. Google Sheets – A collaborative environment for data manipulation and massaging.
And then to make sure your content is more personalized and relevant, we have:
2. Rapportive – A free and easy Chrome plugin that gives you details about someone right in your inbox.
3. Crystal – Get personality insight on anyone and speak to people in a way that resonates with them.
4. Owler – A competitive intelligence tool that gives you customized insights on competitors, customers, and partners.
Tools for Monitoring Activity and Improving It As Quickly As Possible
1. Get a Tag Management Solution. We use Google Tag Manager – This is a tag management system that allows you to update your snippets of code throughout various places all in one location.
2. Google Analytics – Google Analytics lets us as marketers track and measure our advertising.
3. Use a URL Builder to create UTM’s to track which links people click on so you can learn which content is performing the best. There are many free URL Builders, we use The Google URL Builder.
4. HotJar – This tool lets you watch how people are interacting with your microsites and landing pages.
5. Lead Alerts – Make sure to “alert” your sales team by triggering emails or even text messages when people exhibit certain behaviors. In the Episode, we even share a secret tip on how to get your important leads texted right to your phone like this:
6. Klipfolio – A dashboard that displays a centralized view of all the data that’s important to you!
7. Zapier – Connect hundreds of apps without needing to code.
Do you use any of these? Do you have any other tools you lean on to help you be more productive?! Comment in our blog below — I’d love to learn from you!
I believe that our challenges present our biggest opportunities, that being positive and leading with a smile is the best way to live, and my goal is to constantly be learning and growing every moment of every day!
Latest posts by Mackenzi Farsheed (see all)
- Protected: Last Call for 2018 Prices! (don’t have the password? call 949-390-9750) – December 18, 2018
- [Podcast #41] How to Ethically Steal Content That Has Already Been Proven to Work – November 20, 2018
- [Podcast #42] How to Use Other People’s Content to Create More Leads for Yourself – November 7, 2018